Synthesize knowledge from values theory, ethics, and legal/regulatory statutes in the development of a personal philosophy for a career as an advanced practice nurse
Reflect on the various settings in which family nurse practitioners are able to work. Currently in primary care, specifically community health centers, there is a significant need to hire more advanced practice nurses to meet the care needs of patients in both rural and urban populations. Read the article attached below and examine what role does the Community Nursing Practice Model have in achieving better access, care delivery and outcomes to patients living in underserved communities. Identify 1 (one) MSN Essential most correlates to this discussion related to community nursing practice ( https://www.aacnnursing.org/Portals/42/Publications/MastersEssentials11.pdf )
Nurse Practitioners in Community Health Settings Today Article: http://clinicians.org/images/upload/wessel_nurse_practitioners.pdf
Below you may find additional information pertaining to community health from the Center for Disease Control (CDC).
CDC Community Health Improvement Navigator: https://www.cdc.gov/chinav/
Evaluate how you have achieved course competencies and your plans to develop further in these areas. The course competencies for this course are as follows:
- Explore the historical evolution of the advance practice nurse.
- Differentiate the roles and scope of practice for nurses working in advanced clinical, education, administration, informatics, research, and health policy arenas.
- Analyze attributes of the practice arena such as access and availability, degree of consumer choice, competition, and financing that impact advanced practice nurses and their ability to effectively collaborate with other health professionals.
- Integrate evidence from research and theory into discussions of practice competencies, health promotion and disease prevention strategies, quality improvement, and safety standards.
- Identify collaborative, organizational, communication, and leadership skills in working with other professionals in healthcare facilities and/or academic institutions.
- Synthesize knowledge from values theory, ethics, and legal/regulatory statutes in the development of a personal philosophy for a career as an advanced practice nurse.