Develop strategies to deliver nursing care in the preparedness, response, and recovery phases of disaster management
Please review the course objectives for N492 (as stated in the syllabus). Please write a self-evaluation of your learning in the course and how you have personally met each of the stated course objectives.
Your initial posting should be at least 400 words in length and utilize at least one scholarly source other than the textbook
These are some of the objectives for this course
Course Learning Objectives
- Examine nursing roles that meet the emerging health needs of individuals, families, communities and populations.
- Explore historical, legal, social, cultural, political, and economic forces that influence the client, nursing practice, and the health care system.
- Evaluate strategies that can be used by public and community health nurses to improve the health status and eliminate health disparities of vulnerable populations.
- Predict trends in lifestyles that will affect the health of communities and the future challenges for nursing.
- Plan, analyze, implement and evaluate public health surveillance and outbreak investigation
- Develop strategies to deliver nursing care in the preparedness, response, and recovery phases of disaster management