Analyze the impact of health policy on quality and cost of care.
Complete this assessment fourth.
For this assessment, you will reflect on various aspects of your capstone experience. This will give you a chance to discuss elements of the project of which you are proud and aspects of the experience that will help you grow in your personal practice and nursing career.
Demonstration of Proficiency
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 2: Make clinical and operational decisions based upon the best available evidence.
- Reflect on how evidence and the literature were utilized to plan and implement a capstone project, as well as how project outcomes compared to initial predictions based on a review of the literature.
- Competency 4: Apply health information and patient care technology to improve patient and systems outcomes.
- Reflect on the degree to which health care technology was successfully used in the capstone project to improve outcomes or communication to relevant stakeholders.
- Competency 5: Analyze the impact of health policy on quality and cost of care.
- Reflect on how organizational and governmental health policy influenced the planning and implementation of a capstone project, as well as any contributions to policy development made by the project.
- Competency 8: Integrate professional standards and values into practice.
- Reflect on personal and professional growth throughout the capstone project and the BSN program, with special attention to growth related to ethical care provision and demonstration of professional standards.
- Communicate professionally and audibly, using proper grammar and current APA style.
Important: You must complete all of the assessments in order for this course.
BSN-prepared nurses have many opportunities to reflect on their contributions to patient care outcomes during clinical experiences. After a patient care interaction, it is important to evaluate how well you addressed the criteria set for the nurse-patient interaction and consider future improvements. Research suggests that creating and sharing video reflections may enhance learning (Speed, Lucarelli, & Macaulay, 2018).