What are the laws that were in effect, or should have been in effect, at the time when the environmental issue occurred?
HSC3002 – Environmental Health
NO Plagiarism, NO Copy / Paste, Please – Include References
Please READ the instructions and answer the questions throughout. You must be up to date with environmental issues and events.
*Please keep same layout—DO NOT DELETE THE QUESTIONS*
*IF IT HAS A QUESTION MARK IT NEEDS TO BE ANSWERED*
*Please DO AS EACH BULLET SAYS*
If you would like to make your own layout you can, but please keep questions!
* Do Not Inquire If You Do Not Know What You’re Talking About! *
Week 1 – Question 1:
1. What are the laws that were in effect, or should have been in effect, at the time when the environmental issue occurred?
Recent Environmental Issues versus the Environmental Health Laws
The media are replete with examples of environmental issues exposing us to health risks. The growing concern of environmental issues is the reason why the environmental health laws, such as CAA and CWA, were introduced in the 1970s. There have been several amendments throughout these years.
Research on examples of the following topics:
- Environmental Issues that Have Occurred in Last One Year
- Major Environmental Health Laws that Have Been Introduced in Past Ten Years
· On the basis of your research and understanding of the topic, answer the following questions:
- In the past one year, which environmental health issue is the most grave one and why?
- What is the role of various government agencies that are charged with enforcing and evaluating the impact of the law?
- How have the government agencies been able to assess the gravity of the issue?
- Which one is the most important environmental health law that has been introduced within the past few years and why?
- Analyze the intended impact of environmental health laws on your local community.