In this module, you learned about the medical education system and requirements of licensing. As you can imagine, the competency of medical professionals is very important. Issues can arise when medical personnel do not meet the minimum requirements for a position. An awareness of the competency dilemmas that can occur in a professional career can limit the damage that can arise from them.
Increasing public demand for protection, coupled with the growth in the number and sophistication of fraudulent practitioners over the past 2 decades, has resulted in stronger and more complex licensing boards and licensing statutes throughout the country. Examples of medical misconduct include, but are not limited to:
- practicing as a healthcare professional fraudulently
- practicing with gross incompetence or medical negligence
- practicing while impaired by alcohol, drugs, physical or mental disability
- being convicted of a crime
Read the case scenarios below and in a 1-2 page paper, written in APA format, address the items below for each scenario:
- Explain the incompetency of the health care professional (if any).
- Explain a possible solution to address the area of incompetency, such as reporting the behavior to a supervisor, etc.
I have attached the Case Scenarios below.