How has your Feedback Journal assisted in your growth as a scholarly writer?
Guidelines: Support your responses with scholarly academic references using APA style format. Assigned course readings and online library resources are preferred. Weekly lecture notes are designed as overviews to the topic for the respective week and should not serve as a citation or reference.
In your discussion question response, provide a substantive response that illustrates a well-reasoned and thoughtful response; is factually correct with relevant scholarly citations, references, and examples that demonstrates a clear connection to the readings
Q1 – Choose a middle-range theory or grand theory that, in your opinion, can be applied to research. What are the assumptions underpinning this theory? Discuss how this theory finds application in research.
Q2– Choose a middle-range theory or grand theory that, in your opinion, can be applied to practice. What are the assumptions underpinning this theory? Discuss how this theory finds application in your area of practice.
Choose one theory from the following:
1- Quality of Nursing care Theory – June H Larrabee
2- Theory of Unpleasant Symptoms – Elizabeth R Lenz and Linda C Pugh
3- Theory of Comfort – Katharine Kolcaba
Think back to the beginning of the term when you identified your strengths and weaknesses as a scholarly writer. Think about your work creating an academic argument in the Discussions. What parts of that process became easier for you over the past few weeks? Do you feel you’re a stronger scholar now? If so, in what ways?
To prepare for this Assignment:
- Review the Week 1 portion of your Feedback Journal where you identified your strengths and weaknesses as a scholarly writer.
- Review the drafts of your paragraph (completed paragraph drafts attached), noting their evolution from Week 2 to Week 6.
- Review your entire Feedback Journal, noting any patterns you see from week to week.
By Day 7
Submit a 1- to 2-page reflection answering the following questions:
- What is one area in which you have improved over this 6-week course? Explain your improvement and give examples.
- How has your Feedback Journal assisted in your growth as a scholarly writer?
How will you continue to track your growth and improvement as a scholarly writer?