How do you see community health care and the role of the community health nurse changing in the future?
Advocating for Social Justice
This course has presented the various roles of the public and community health nurse. The media presenters and the course textbook have covered this in depth. As you prepare for this final Discussion, consider what you have read and heard about the future of public health. Reflect on the readings, Web resources, and media presentations presented throughout this course about the role of the nurse in a community/public health setting and vulnerable populations. Then, respond to the following:
- What is the community health nurse’s role in advocating for social justice for vulnerable populations and in eliminating health disparities?
- How do you see community health care and the role of the community health nurse changing in the future?
Support your response with references from the professional nursing literature
PART 2- ONE PAGE
Week 5: Create a possible Evidenced-Based, Culturally Appropriate Intervention project to improve the health of your community.
Incorporate all information gathered from the community: the population itself, health data, professionals from various disciplines in the community, community assessment, windshield survey, and the literature to propose interventions. Support your plan with scholarly evidence and health data.
This week your instructor wants you to access and appraise culturally-sensitive, research-based interventions to prevent and improve the health of population at risk. You may be suggesting a new intervention, supporting current interventions in place, or enhance current interventions. Please read about evidenced-based research in your textbook.
Please address the following in your discussions:
- Share at least two prevention strategies to improve the population at risk that you feel confident are evidenced-based. Why do you think that?
- Think in terms of evaluation of outcomes. How would you know the interventions made a difference?
- How would you modify the intervention to ensure it is culturally sensitive and meaningful?