Explore the professional responsibilities involved in conducting a comprehensive health assessment and provide appropriate documentation
This assignment enables the student to meet the following Course Outcomes.
CO1: Utilize prior knowledge of theories and principles of nursing and related disciplines to explain expected client behaviors, while differentiating between normal findings, variations, and abnormalities. (PO #1)
CO5: Explore the professional responsibilities involved in conducting a comprehensive health assessment and provide appropriate documentation. (PO #6)
This assignment is worth a total of 200 points.
When completing a Lifestyle and Health Profile on an actual client, it is essential that the information is accurate and all areas are addressed. **Please note that for this assignment, a few sections containing sensitive information have been marked optional.** This assignment will only be shared for academic-related purposes, and will not be seen by your classmates. However, if you wish to leave any of the areas marked “option to not respond” blank, points will not be deducted. All areas not marked as optional must be completed for full credit. Contact your instructor if you have any questions or concerns.
- You will document your responses to the profile using this MS Word document.
- Complete the Life and Health Practices Profile, using yourself as the client. Please document your responses professionally, as you would in a client’s actual health record. Provide enough information to have answered the questions completely. For clarity, write full sentences in your documentation. To receive full credit, all questions must be addressed, except for those indicated as optional. If a question does not apply to you, please indicate this in the findings as “N/A”.
- Once you have completed the profile, type your answers to the three questions listed under the form. APA format is not a requirement, however, please write in paragraph form when appropriate. Sentence structure, spelling, and grammar are important.
- You are required to complete the form using the productivity tools required by Chamberlain University, which is Microsoft Office Word 2013 (or later version), or Windows and Office 2011 (or later version) for MAC. You must save the file in the “.docx” format. Do NOT save as Word Pad.
- Save the completed form by clicking on Save as and add your last name to the file name, for example, NR305_W2_Personal_ Lifestyle_Form_Smith.
- Submit the completed form to the Lifestyle and Health Practices Profile form by Sunday, 11:59 p.m. MT at the end of Week 2. Please post questions about this assignment to the Q & A Forums so the entire class may view the answers.