Explain how (or if) you found the Fierce Healthcare newsletters to be beneficial to your studies and/or your professional growth as a scholar practitioner
Application: Subscribing to a Newsletter
Many of today’s health care organizations utilize digital communications to keep professional communities up to date on latest trends, technologies, and evidence-based practices. As you progress through your informatics specialization, the communications can support your professional growth as a scholar practitioner.
For this Assignment, you will subscribe to a daily newsletter from Fierce Healthcare.
- Access the Fierce Healthcare website at http://www.fiercehealthcare.com/.
- Enter your e-mail address into the “sign up for our newsletter” section of the website. You will receive a confirmation e-mail shortly after signing up. Copy and paste this confirmation into a Word document. If you are having trouble copying the e-mail in its entirety, you may also utilize the “print screen” button on your keyboard and then paste the copy of your screen into your Word document. Save this confirmation document, as you will submit this with your final paper.
- Over the next weeks, make time to regularly browse the newsletters that you receive, selecting two informatics articles that are of particular interest to you. Each of the articles that you select must come from a different newsletter. SEE ATTACHED FILES
Submit a 3-page paper Due by Friday 8/05/2016 and 5 references that addresses the following:
1) Summarize the key points of each article you have selected (See attached files). In your summary, include how the informatics topic, trend, initiative, etc. is impacting nursing practice and/or health care settings. In addition, explain how nursing practices, the needs of patient populations, and society in general are influencing the informatics topics being discussed.
2) Explain how (or if) you found the Fierce Healthcare newsletters to be beneficial to your studies and/or your professional growth as a scholar practitioner. In your explanation, include whether or not you intend to continue your subscription (YES),and whether or not you are considering signing up for any other digital communications from professional organizations (YES). Explain your rationale.
3) Provide a copy of your confirmation e-mail at the end of your paper. (Note that this does not contribute towards your page count.) (Don’t worry about this part)
Reminder:The School of Nursing requires that all papers submitted include a title page, introduction, summary, and references.
PS. The introduction must include a purpose statement. The last sentence must begin with “The purpose of this paper is …”