Examine future trends in community health nursing, including the impact of information systems and evidence-based practice
This week’s graded topics relate to the following Course Outcome (CO).
- CO 9: Examine future trends in community health nursing, including the impact of information systems and evidence-based practice. (PO 8)
Review this week’s lesson and assigned reading on the nurses’ role in population health, and reflect on what you have learned in this course. Address the following questions.
- What future concerns are likely to impact public health?
- How do you see global health concerns impacting your community?
- Identify one way that you can implement population health in your community or workplace.
Please share specific examples.
Professor’s comment: Hello Class,
This week, please reflect on what you’ve learned in the course and share how you will use it to improve your practice.
Please consider the following questions when formulating your response.
- Describe how your learning this session could positively impact your community.
- How has Healthy People 2020 influenced your nursing practice?
- What was the muddiest point of the class? That is, what did you find difficult to understand in the class?
- How has your knowledge grown? Please consider these questions and share with the class.
References: American Psychological Association. (2010). Publication manual of the American Psychological Association (6th ed.). Washington, DC: Author.
Nies, M. A., & McEwen, M. (2019). Community/public health nursing: Promoting the health of populations (7 ed.). St. Louis, MO: Elsevier.