Discuss the nursing interventions you might employ to improve health outcomes for the African/Black American culture.
Barriers to Equitable Care. . Refer to this week’s readings and review the Now Is our Time: Healthy Living for Black Women 40 – 55 video. Use the information to help formulate your response to the following:
• Discuss two barriers to equitable healthcare for all Americans.
• Propose a solution to the two barriers.
• Next, address similarities and differences between the American population in general and the African/Black American culture with respect to barriers.
• Include a brief analysis as to why unique barriers exist based on cultural factors that influence health and illness of African/Black Americans.
• Discuss the nursing interventions you might employ to improve health outcomes for the African/Black American culture.
Your initial post should be 250-300 words and utilize at least one scholarly source from the University Library, cited in APA format, to justify your choices.
Guided Response: Choose two of your classmate’s posts. Compare and contrast how the cultural norms influence the nurse’s role discussed by your peer. Include a real-world example to illustrate your point.
Provide a substantive response (minimum of 100 words) for each of your replies. List at least one scholarly source cited in APA format, to support your rationale.