Discuss any new standards of care that would be appropriate based on the new practice guidelines
Evaluation of Outcomes
As you translate evidence into practice, it is essential to consider how you will evaluate the outcomes. As introduced in week 8, you are likely to encounter barriers as you integrate research findings into practice. Using a framework for evaluation can assist in minimizing those barriers.
As a nurse engaged in advanced practice, it is now time to take your practicum project to the next level—evaluating the outcomes you identified for the week 9 Discussion and then developing new practice guidelines.
- The course text, Translation of Evidence into Nursing and health Care Practice, provides a list of questions that should be considered when planning for evaluation. See page 239 for this list of questions.
- Review the Learning Resources focusing on the various evaluation frameworks presented. Select a framework and determine how you would evaluate the outcomes you identified in the Week 9 Discussion (see week 9 discussion in the file area).
- Based on the possible results of your evaluation, envision new practice guidelines you would develop.
- What new standards of care might this lead to
Post a cohesive scholarly response that addresses the following:
1) In the first line of your posting, state the outcomes you are addressing (those you initially identified in the Week 9 Discussion [see week 9 discussion in the file area]).
2) How would you evaluate the outcomes? Support your response with evidence from the literature.
3) What new practice guidelines would you create based on your evaluation of those outcomes?
4) Discuss any new standards of care that would be appropriate based on the new practice guidelines.