Develop a 20-minute presentation for nursing colleagues highlighting the fundamental principles of care coordination
Develop a 20-minute presentation for nursing colleagues highlighting the fundamental principles of care coordination. Create a detailed narrative script for your presentation, approximately 4–5 pages in length, and record a video of your presentation.
Nurses have a powerful role in the coordination and continuum of care. All nurses must be cognizant of the care coordination process and how safety, ethics, policy, physiological, and cultural needs affect care and patient outcomes. As a nurse, care coordination is something that should always be considered. Nurses must be aware of factors that impact care coordination and of a continuum of care that utilizes community resources effectively and is part of an ethical framework that represents the professionalism of nurses. Understanding policy elements helps nurses coordinate care effectively.
This assessment provides an opportunity for you to educate your peers on the care coordination process. The assessment also requires you to address change management issues. You are encouraged to complete the Managing Change activity.
Completing course activities before submitting your first attempt has been shown to make the difference between basic and proficient assessment.
Demonstration of Proficiency
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the course competencies through the following assessment scoring guide criteria:
- Competency 2: Collaborate with patients and family to achieve desired outcomes.
- Outline effective strategies for collaborating with patients and their families to achieve desired health outcomes.
- Competency 3: Create a satisfying patient experience.
- Identify the aspects of change management that directly affect elements of the patient experience essential to the provision of high-quality, patient-centered care.
- Competency 4: Defend decisions based on the code of ethics for nursing.
- Explain the rationale for coordinated care plans based on ethical decision making.
- Competency 5: Explain how health care policies affect patient-centered care.
- Identify the potential impact of specific health care policy provisions on outcomes and patient experiences.
- Competency 6: Apply professional, scholarly communication strategies to lead patient-centered care.
- Raise awareness of the nurse’s vital role in the coordination and continuum of care in a video-recorded presentation. Script and reference list are not submitted