Describe The Risks Inherent With Online Websites And/Or Social Media.
The term “social media” has a broad and ever-changing meaning. In general, the phrase refers to Internet-based technologies that enable individuals and groups to congregate and interact; exchange information, ideas, personal messages, photographs, and other material; and, in some circumstances, collaborate in real-time with other users.
“Sermo is a “physician-only” social networking site that verifies new members’ qualifications during the registration process. On this site, 15 physicians from 68 disciplines from all 50 states get together to network, discuss treatment choices, and seek expert opinion from peers. 15 Sermo has 260,000 users in the United States as of April 2014, the majority of whom used pseudonyms to maintain anonymity.” (WHO)https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4103576/ . Explain the dangers of using online websites and/or social media.
- WHO (Social media) – https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4103576/
Describe the risks inherent with online websites and/or social media. Identify opportunities for effective use of online health information websites and/or social media.
Your presentation should include the following:
1. One social media in health care or public online health information site.
2. An overview of the use.
3. Their benefits and risks of use.
4. Your recommendations for nursing regarding appropriate use.
- Presentation is original work and logically organized in current APA style including citation of references.
- Incorporate a minimum of 3 current (published within last five years) scholarly journal articles or primary legal sources (statutes, court opinions) within your work.
- PowerPoint presentation with 2 to 3, excluding the tile slide and the reference slide.
- The presentation is clear and concise, and students will lose points for improper grammar, punctuation and misspelling.
- Speaker notes expanded upon and clarified content on the slides.