Describe in detail health promotion intervention(s) that a CHN could implement in the assigned community setting
Community Settings and Community Health Nursing Roles Guidelines
This assignment will be uploaded automatically to Turnitin when you submit your assignment.
Turnitin is now more closely integrated with Canvas. Overall, you will find Turnitin assignments easier to use, but the steps to submit an assignment have changed somewhat. Directions are as follows:
1. Click the orange “Submit Assignment” button at the top of the page to open the upload window.
2. Click on “Choose File” to select your assignment file you want to upload.
3. Check the box to agree to the Turnitin End-User License Agreement.
4. Click “Submit Assignment.”
5. Your Turnitin report will be visible in the “Grades” section of your course.
Community health nurses practice in a variety of settings. The purpose of this paper is to describe the community setting and analyze the role of a nurse in the assigned setting. Health promotion nursing interventions and a professional nursing organization related to this role will also be examined.
The topic for this paper is the role of a nurse in an occupational health setting.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following Course Outcomes.
- CO5: Analyze the nursing roles in providing comprehensive care in a variety of community health settings. (PO 1)
- CO6: Utilize a systems-based and collaborative approach to address factors that influence the health of a community and population health problems. (PO 2)
Watch the tutorial on tips for completing the Community Settings and Community Health Nursing Roles assignment.
This APA paper is expected to be no more than four pages in length (not including the title page and reference list). Below are the requirements for successful completion of this paper. Please use the recommended APA Template linked below, which incorporates the following categories as the first level headings on your paper. APA formatting helps you to organize your paper in a professional manner and provides consistent methods for citing your sources and completing your reference page. See the documents in the APA category in Course Resources for assistance with APA formatting. The Student Success Strategies resource has great sections on writing scholarly papers and APA formatting.
- Introduction (one paragraph):
- The introduction should be interesting and capture the reader’s attention.
- Introduce the assigned community setting
- Briefly identify CHN role(s) in this setting
- Identify vulnerable population(s) served in this setting
- Include a purpose statement
- Community Setting (two to three paragraphs)
- Describe the assigned community setting, including vulnerable population(s) served.
- Discuss three health services provided by the a CHN in the assigned setting.
- Use your textbook or an outside scholarly source to address these sub-points.
- Health Promotion Nursing Intervention (two to three paragraphs)
- Describe in detail health promotion intervention(s) that a CHN could implement in the assigned community setting.
- Identify people/organizations/community members this CHN role may collaborate with in health promotion interventions.
- Utilize at least one peer-reviewed scholarly article related to a health promotion intervention.
- Professional Nursing Organization (two paragraphs)
- Provide a detailed description of a professional nursing organization related to the assigned community setting. Search the text, your article, or the Internet for one professional organization that supports nurses in this role. If you can’t find an organization specific to this group, search the American Nurses Association (ANA) website for information on this role. Cite the organization in the body of the text with (organization name, year), and include a complete reference on the reference page.
- Discuss one professional issue that this organization is addressing related to the assigned community setting.
- Summary (one paragraph)
The summary reiterates key points about:
- The community setting and the CHN role(s)
- Health promotion intervention
- Professional organization
- Includes a concluding statement.
- Reference Page: The reference page should start on a new page (insert a page break). All references should be cited within the body of the paper as (author or organization, year), and the full reference should be included in APA format on the reference page. A URL link alone is not an adequate reference. See the Chamberlain Guidelines for Professional Writing in the APA Folder in Program Resources for examples of properly formatted references.