Demonstrate an advancing understanding of the political landscape of APN practice
The purpose of this assignment is for learners to:
- Develop professional presentation/communication skills.
- Demonstrate an advancing understanding of the political landscape of APN practice.
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze the literature and be able to disseminate the information orally.
- Demonstrate and practice professional communication and leadership, while advancing the education of peers.
- Analyze the development of advanced practice nursing roles from a historical perspective including the impact of advanced practice nursing on the healthcare delivery system from the perspective of selected current reports (i.e. LACE, IOM, etc.)
- Critically analyze how healthcare systems and APN practice are organized and influenced by ethical, legal, economic and political factors.
For Week 7, there is no case study given to you by the faculty. Instead, you will be creating a recorded presentation that demonstrates your understanding of LACE principles and their influence on APN practice. This presentation will be uploaded into the course via Kaltura.
Address the following Topics/Questions:
- How do licensure, accreditation, certification, and education (LACE) considerations differ for all four APN clinical roles (CNP, CNW, CRNA, CNS) for these three states: California, Washington, and Illinois? Provide evidence for your response.
- Discuss what evidence-based strategies should be implemented to achieve continuity between state regulatory boards? Provide evidence for your response.
- Is independent NP practice allowed in your state (FLORIDA)? Discuss your opinion regarding independent NP practice in your state (FLORIDA). Should NPs be allowed to practice independently? Provide evidence for your response.