Define, understand, and discuss some of the major risk factors for health and health care disparities
Discuss how social advantage and health advantage are transmitted across lifetimes and generations.
- FIRM BUDGET*
PART 1 Social Determinants of Health – PHE4120 – 4pgs
· Read the article: The Social Determinants of Health: Coming of Age.
· On the basis of your reading, create a report, answering the following:
o Define, understand, and discuss some of the major risk factors for health and health care disparities and why they are associated with poorer outcomes among some multicultural populations.
o Discuss how social advantage and health advantage are transmitted across lifetimes and generations.
o Describe the implications for health care policy in addressing health.
o Discuss at least of two of the knowledge gaps presented in the reading. How would you reduce these challenges?
· Submit your report in a 4 page Microsoft Word document. Support your responses with examples.
PART – 2 PHE4015 – How Culture Affects Health – 2pgs
Choose a health concern affecting your country (United States). This can be a disease, nutrition-related deficits, behavioral concerns, environmental concerns, etc.
On the basis of your research, create a 2-page report that answers the following questions:
· What population of the country is most affected by the health concern you have chosen?
· How does culture play a role in the overall health concern you have chosen? This can include religious beliefs, etc.
Be sure to support your points for each of the components in parentheses with data from the program and outside research.