Define the steps in the procurement process leading up to the RFP
- Establish the project’s boundaries.
- Identify key stakeholders and advisors.
- Talk to stakeholders and define your project needs.
- Write the RFP.
- Create a draft of your scoring criteria.
- Circulate the RFP.
- Review responses.
- Research novel technologies as necessary.
A request for proposal is the first step in the RFP process. Bidders look over the RFP and make suggestions for changes. The final request for proposal is issued when the input has been implemented. After that, bidders must submit their offers.
HIM 615 Topic 6 DQ 1
Define the steps in the procurement process leading up to the RFP. Describe a case where vendor demonstrations might be of vital importance in aiding your final purchase decision. How does the RFP form the basis of the contract?